Thursday, August 9, 2012

        feelings...

        ...Why is it so hard to obey, obedience could very well be one of the hardest concepts/ principals in this life, sometimes I dont understand, I have to be just willing to "go and do" !
No doubt, no uncertainty, no expression of fear, no murmuring about the difficulty of the commandment . Whatever the lord asks, he expects me to be "up and doing"
When I reach out to the Lord and keep the lords commandments, I am rewarded beyond what I expect, doesn't mean necessarily with worldly possessions but with, peace, joy, comfort and direction. I think too much I associate the word obedience with the word restriction when really obedience allows greater freedom, I become more liberated.
Why do we fight it? Why do we think "we" have the better answer, a better way?... when really we just  end up chasing ourselves in circles filled with drama, pain, and difficulty to realize in the end, obedience to the lord and his commandment truly bring the lasting most real felt joy. Is this what we call lessons learned?.... truly "obedience" is so hard.  I believe that through our actions, through choosing to be obedient and doing so time and time again, is where we feel the raw/realist connection with our heavenly father.



No comments:

Post a Comment